Saturday, April 2, 2016

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Hello World.

Hi everyone! I'm feeling really great today because I made a lot of progress with my pictures! I spent today and Friday taking pictures for the magazine and thankfully, I'm almost done.

On Friday I created a "face wash" to take pictures of for my advertisement. It was interesting using my backyard to take pictures for my advertisement. I've never had to think from the photographer's perspective before. Here are some of the pictures I am considering for the advertisement:

         

Today I had my best friends, Charlotte and Cheyenne, come over to model for my magazine. For my cover image I used Cheyenne and it took a lot longer than I thought to get done. We worked for about an hour and a half before we called it a day.  We ended up designing a tank top for Cheyenne to wear on the cover. It was unexpectedly time-consuming and challenging to make. A lot of thought went into every aspect of the shoot. I had to decide on every detail, for example, whether or not she would wear her hair up or down. Writing the words was challenging as well and we had to erase them multiple times. Fortunately, I'm pretty positive that one of the pictures I took today is the cover image. Above is a picture of me writing on Cheyenne.

Today I also took pictures for my double-page spread (DPS). I used Charlotte and Cheyenne for this. I have three images in mind for the DPS: one extreme (ECU) close up of the left side of Charlotte's face, one ECU of the right side of Charlotte's face, two close ups or mid-shots of Cheyenne and Charlotte's faces. They both have the lines doctors draw for before surgery on their face. Below are pictures of me drawing on both of them.
           

These girls are my best friends and it was so much fun to take pictures for my magazine. The whole process was upbeat and we all kept positive attitudes despite the challenges. To the side is a picture of them going "under the knife."

My teacher recommended the Nik Collection by Google if we were interested in  photography. I downloaded and I plan to use it to edit the photos I took today. It has multiple programs and because I've never used anything like it before I'm going to have to watch some tutorials. Luckily, their website has links to tutorials and shortcuts. Well, until next time.

Goodbye World.

No comments:

Post a Comment