Friday, April 1, 2016

Onward and Upward!

Hello World.


Currently, I am continuing the happy dance I started last post. Why am I still dancing, you ask? Well, it's because I finished my story! I plan on asking two of my teachers to review my work in order to submit my best writing.

My story is focused on cosmetic surgery in the United States and the causes/effects of its prevalence. In a previous post, I mentioned including more than one country; however, it would have made my story too broad. Moreover,  in the end, I didn't have the room to write more about another country.

Also, I happened to finish laying out my double-page spread. I still have to add pictures and play around with the page background color but other than that I am good to go!

Speaking of pictures, on Saturday I plan on taking pictures for my cover page, double-page spread, TOC, and advertisement. If things don't work out, I have next week to get everything done.

For my advertisement I have finalized the details of my product. It is going to be a face mask that I will make myself, and put in a  decorated mason jar. My product will be called NatUral: Face Mask. I used Canva, a program that you can use to make graphics on, to create a logo for my product.

Along with creating my logo, I found the recipe I'm going to use for my face mask. The website I used has a bunch of great recipes for DIY (do-it-yourself) face masks. I may try out my DIY face mask for fun after the photo shoot on Saturday.                                                                                      


Additionally, for my TOC I brainstormed a list of the stories that are "in" my magazine to put on the page:
1. Cosmetic Surgery Story
2. Dangers of Dieting
3. Drugstore vs Designer Makeup Challenge
4. 7 Minute Ab Workout
5. 12 Steps to Self-Acceptance
6. The Barbie Body Makeover or
New Barbie For All Shapes and Sizes

As you may have noticed, I have not come up with a title for my story (#1 on the list). I also have not decided on a title for #6. These are just some ideas I jotted down and the list is most definitely subject to change.

Goodbye World.

  • Winter-Hebert, Catherine. "7 DIY face masks for healthy, gorgeous spring skin." Inhabitat.N.p., 26 Feb. 2015. Web. 1 Apr. 2016. <http://inhabitat.com/7-diy-face-masks-for-a-gorgeous-spring-and-summer-skin/>.

No comments:

Post a Comment