Saturday, March 26, 2016

A Needle In a Haystack

Hello World.

I've got some good news! I've decided on how I'm going to focus my story on the subject of cosmetic surgery. I want to my story to be on how society's perspective has changed about cosmetic surgery. In recent years, society has begun viewing it as okay that girls are going 'under the knife.' I want to add that it's not just in the United States that cosmetic surgery has become extremely prevalent among women of all ages. I'm going to add information on other countries in my story because I found a lot of interesting cases that supplement the idea I have in mind for my story.

Brazil has passed the United States as the world capital of plastic surgery. In Brazil getting plastic surgery is the equivalent of buying new makeup for many women. Society there encourages women to get plastic surgery and as a result, many women ignore the dangers until it's too late. This spoke out to me and encouraged me to realize society's views cosmetic surgery in my own country.

In the United States a teenage girl getting a nose job is so common. People are adopting this "if you don't like how you look, change it" mentality and I want to address it. I'm glad to say I've managed to find what I want to write about and can't wait to continue my research and writing.

Goodbye World.

  • Conley, Mikaela. "Nip/Tuck Nations: 7 Countries With Most Cosmetic Surgery." ABC News. Abc News, 25 Apr. 2012. Web. 26 Mar. 2016. <http://abcnews.go.com/Health/niptuck-nations-countries-cosmetic-surgery/story?id=16205231>.
  • Garcia-Navarro, Lourdes. "In Brazil, Nips And Tucks Don't Raise An Eyebrow." Npr. N.p., 7 Oct. 2014.Web. 26 Mar. 2016. <http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2014/10/07/353270270/an-uplifting-story-brazils-obsession-with-plastic-surgery>.

No comments:

Post a Comment