Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Eureka!

Hello World.

Joomag is pretty great! I started using it to layout my project  and I've found all its features to be easily accessible. Now that I have everything laid out it feels great to have a visual on what my final product is going to look like. Okay, time for the weekly progress report:

I played around with the images for my cover page and decided I didn't like how it looked. It came out okay but I didn't feel confident in the final look. So, it was back to brainstorming visuals for my cover page.
Eureka! 
I may have finally come across my best idea for the cover image! (Cue excited yelling and erratic dancing) My idea is to have a mid-shot of a girl, looking at the camera, dressed in a pink tank top. Written on her body will be different words describing the concept of inner beauty; such as: confidence, intelligence, and strength. I really like this idea because it is a combination of my previous ideas I came up with.

 Also, magazines in my genre typically have a cover image that are mid-shots of one model or a graphic design. I'm not the best with graphics so I decided to go with the photo option.



                      



I have also come up with what I believe may be my final idea for my TOC double-page spread! (Continues happy dance) The left side of my double-page spread is going to be my TOC and the right page will be an advertisement. The left side will be a picture of a shopping list with the information listed. I like the idea of the list headed "In the market for a new body," however, I also really like that title for my story. We'll see though because I haven't finished writing my story yet.




Goodbye World.

  • Bust Aug.-Sept. 2013. Print.
  • Kulinica, Gita. Shopping list template. Dreams Time. N.p., n.d. Web. 1 Apr. 2016.<http://www.dreamstime.com>. 
  • Ms. Magazine Spring 2013. Print.
  • Ms. Magazine Summer 2014. Print. 
    
    
  • Shameless Fall 2013. Shameless. Web. 1 Apr. 2016. <http://shamelessmag.com>

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kassidy, first thing I have to say about your blog is WOW, I love the format and layout and what you plan to do with your magazine. I also like how you go into detail of the details, such as visuals and what's on your cover page. Only thing I would suggest is post videos of how to use Joomag because it would help better understand what the process is and how you use it. Other than that, I love the blog so far, and hope it works out great for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kassidy, I like how you talk about your success and your struggle. It makes it seem that you’re in it for the process and that this blog is helping you improve, not that you’re doing it just for the grade and to give the people reading what they want to hear. Your spunky and interest you have in the topic make it fun and easy to read, I found myself getting excited along with you. In terms of criticism, I don’t really have much to say although I would cite the pictures just to play it safe. Keep it up, this is a great blog.

    ReplyDelete