Sunday, March 19, 2017

Man in the Mirror

Back again!

So while I'm focusing on the technical aspects of my project, I'm also looking more into our audience, our genre, and all the gory, but significant, details. We've actually learned quite a bit about Gen-Z this past year and I have found plenty of information in my notes. Also, my partner surprised me with a cool idea that really focuses on our generation, more specifically teenagers! Hence, making our target audience mainly teenagers. So when I mentioned looking into our audience it may or mar not have involved socializing ;). Anyways, I'm really liking the new idea and I hope this one is the one!

So, our focus is on representation in the media, specifically on teenagers. As teenagers and Gen-Zs, we've seen plenty of misrepresentation of teenagers in the media. We want to change it. Well, at the very least we're trying to be the change we want to see in the world.

Essentially, the problem is that the representation for teenagers is negative. It often portrays us as over-emotional, irresponsible, ignorant, self-centered,  and a number of negative things. Sure, sometimes we can be any one of those adjectives above, however, that applies to every age group. Most teenagers aren't like this, and we want to prove it. I am and I know plenty of, hardworking, active, responsible, empathetic, and dedicated teenagers. So many of my friends are inspired and motivated that it truly hurts me to see us portrayed in this way.

So, now that you're all caught up please wish me more of that beautiful luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment