Sunday, March 5, 2017

Back and Better Than Ever!

Hi everyone!

Welcome back to my blog. Due to this year's portfolio project I am once again back on my blog! I've got a surprise in store for all my readers because my project this year is so different from last year's. This year I will be doing an excerpt of a documentary with my partner Cheyenne.

Now, a documentary is all about capturing a slice of life and I am very excited for this year's project. Chey and I have been friends for a long time now so I'm certain we'll do great. We both have an interest in social activism, particularly, feminism and we've been looking forward to focusing our project on something in that area. We spent the better part of the week brainstorming an idea on how to capture what we wanted in a documentary.

Here are some conventions of a documentary that we are interested in implementing:
-shorter than full-length films
-hand held camera movement (to add realism)
-narrative format
-interviews to progress story
-crosscutting/parallel editing
-non-diegetic sound (voiceover)
-selective editing
-music
-infographics

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment