Sunday, March 12, 2017

Group Meeting

Alright! So, we had our first group meeting with other members from our class. I really enjoyed the experience and got some good feedback for the project. I gave feedback to my group mates that I hope really helps them develop their project even further.


One of the pieces of advice I was given concerns the structure of our project. Cheyenne and I had decided that our project would be an entire documentary about social activism and then we would make an excerpt on the feminism section. However, my group mates  gave me the idea to make our entire project a documentary series; some examples are Making a Murderer and Abstract.          
I really like this idea and I think it makes more sense for the idea my partner and I have in mind. It would be harder for the documentary to flow if we show different social movements and this way we can go for more depth and achieve the breadth we originally wanted. By doing a series we can focus on each movement in depth and make multiple episodes.

Another important piece of advice was on how we need to have a stronger purpose. Our idea was to showcase social activism essentially in a more positive light. However, we hadn't yet figured out the why. One of my group mates told me I need to explain how it changes people and why people should be active. They were right, we had yet to consider what our purpose really was and how we were going to show it. Basically, Cheyenne and I have a lot of work to do because we need to re-plan and re-think our project.

Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment