Saturday, March 19, 2016

A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words

Hello World.

We had another group meeting this week! During our meeting, my peers helped me come up with an idea for an advertisement. This issue of my magazine is all about women feeling beautiful without outside help (example:magazine,surgery, etc.) So I thought that I could create an advertisement for a face wash that promotes being "all natural, all the time."

Another idea I brainstormed is for my table of contents (TOC). Since it has to be a double-page spread and I don't think I will need two pages for my TOC, I could make the second page a photo advertising a campaign. For example, it could possibly be a photo for a program that promotes girls accepting themselves and improving their self-confidence.  Then I could also add on the photo to follow the company/organization on Twitter and to use their # for a campaign they're promoting.

I have gained some inspiration from this photo I found while researching. From this image I got the idea for a photo I can put in my double-page spread. I want to do a photo similar to this or an extreme close up shot of a girl's face from her eyebrows to her upper cheekbones.

I have decided that I am not going to make my double-page spread my cover story because I want the theme for my magazine to be the unrealistic beauty standard.  Cosmetic surgery relates because a lot of women go "under the knife" as a result from the pressures they face from society and the media. However, I still am not 100% sure on what perspective I will write from for that story.

Goodbye World.

  • Yune, Dr. Marc. "Top 10 Doctor insights on: Is It Possible To Reduce My Hip Size Through Cosmetic Surgery." Health Tap. N.p., n.d. Web. 1 Apr. 2016. <https://www.healthtap.com/topics/is-it-possible-to-reduce-my-hip-size-through-cosmetic-surgery>.

No comments:

Post a Comment