Saturday, March 26, 2016

Note to Self

Hello World.

I have come to a decision for my main image on my double page spread! I want to do something that incorporates the multiple cultures that I'm going to be mentioning in my story. Since I don't want to make my story too broad, I've decided to use examples/evidence from three countries: the United States, South Korea, and Brazil. So for my image I thought I could do a landscape picture of a three girl's stomach's with an image of "their" country's flag somewhere on their stomach. That part I haven't decided yet. I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to differentiate them yet, but that's a problem for later!

More news concerning images! (How exciting, right?) So, for my TOC I've come up with some ideas. What I could do is correlate it with the idea I have for my cover image that I mentioned in my "Picture Perfect!" post. I will make the background image look like a bulletin board with "pins" or sticky-notes on it. They will have the title of the story, blurb of information under it and the page number. So the notes might look like that-->



I'm not positive on the layout yet. I'm forming another idea as well, however, I haven't quite finished figuring it out yet. No worries, hopefully by my next post about images my decisions will be concrete.

Goodbye World.

  • Radkov, Ivelin. "Blank yellow sticky note pined on a cork bulletin board." 123RF. N.p., n.d. Web. 1 Apr. 2016. <http://www.123rf.com>.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if my comment posted on the last post, because it's not loading, so I'm posting it here just in case:

    Hey Kassidy, I honestly love your idea for the magazine, and I think you’re doing a very good job of incorporating relevant research into the postings. You also do a great job of having a ‘voice’, it’s almost like I can hear you talking to me through the screen, great writing! I really like your cover image, as well, and your use of multimedia. I don’t have any bad critique for you, but if I had to suggest something, I would post excerpts of the progress that you’ve done with your writing of the magazine itself, since I know you started the actual writing. Also, watch the length of your posts because some seem just a tad rushed, so they turn out very short. Additionally, I think a youtube video , or something of that kind, that teaches you how to use Joomag would be highly looked upon by the examiners. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete