Saturday, March 26, 2016

Putting Pen to Paper!

Hello World.

It's been crazy! The good news is I have started writing my story, the bad news is, despite my love for my topic, it's been challenging. I bought an online edition of a Ms. Magazine in order to get a better understanding of how to stylistically write my story, which has been helping. Taking Newspaper this year and writing for my school's newspaper has definitely helped me on writing. I'm still just trying to make sure I'm not going too broad and trying to put too much information into one story.

I wasn't sure what platform to use to create my magazine, however, thanks to the resources my teacher has provided us with I've decided to use Joomag. At first I wasn't sure if I should just buy Indesign because I have used it in the past and I know it's a great program, however, I was hesitant because it is expensive and I will only really be using it for a limited amount of time. After checking out some reviews on Joomag, I decided to use this program to create my magazine.

I'm so excited to continue my project and learn how to use these unfamiliar new tools! It'll be great learning how to navigate Joomag and I'm sure some new tutorials will help me out. This project is coming along so nicely I can't wait to move farther along in this process.

Goodbye World.

  • Granger, Lauren. "Want to start a digital magazine? Here are 9 of the best publishing options."Memeburn. N.p., 1 July 2014. Web. 1 Apr. 2016. <http://memeburn.com/2014/07/want-to-start-a-digital-magazine-here-are-9-of-the-best-publishing-options/>.

1 comment: