Friday, April 14, 2017

Exploring

Hello everybody!

So I've begun capturing all the pesky abstract shots we need to fill our video with. I first tried to brainstorm by reading the script while typing whatever random images popped into my head. I'm a bit of a mess so I think it worked out pretty well.

abstract shots ideas:
-kettlesteaming and making shrill noise
-zipper sliding down jacket 
-red hoodie for heartache and maybe gravel sounds of person waling
-door closing *crashing sound -things falling in shower,,, hmmm
-soft focus of walking through crowd, or in crowd, tens, town center
-*noises, music? piano? someone playing?
-frustration sentence: calm scene of nature?
-spinning: filming outside world in car? roundabout? just straight street?
-choke: shower water sliding down glass?
-muscles: darkness, bed, under the covers? tossing and turning? dutch angle hmmm
-light of day: mining light peeping between curtains, 
-resilience,persistence,kindness,liveliness, _DIFF FACE SHOTS 

After a short and sweet breakfast, Chey and I took the liberty to film the kettle idea I had listed. Another idea that popped into my head was to get shots of objects at intense and less intense stages. For example, a shot of the kettle pre-boil or slightly boiling and a shot of the kettle boiling full blast with steam and everything. I thought it would be an interesting way to provide flow in our piece. I'll have to test out the idea and see how well it works with the script. 








My second method of brainstorming was to just walk around my house and to really look at all the objects around me. I walked around my house and took shots using the lighter, candles, a fake plant, the light on my alarm system,  and the numbers from a digital clock. Chey got some shots outside of the sky, the pool, and the wind chimes. 

Alright it's time to continue shooting the rest of our episode by filming Chey. If you remember a little while back we talked about our first attempt at filming her and the crazy lighting setup we put together. Well, it's time to recreate our beautiful and very original lighting set. Hopefully, we get what we need from this attempt.

Bye ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment