Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Webby

Hello my party people!

Hey guys! So the reason you haven't heard any details about the website is because I've decided to do it all in one post. Don't be fooled though, this took multiple hours on different days to create this masterpiece.



Anyway, back to business. I got inspiration from several places to create this beauty. The two websites I looked to for inspiration were Melanie Martinez's and the website for the Miss Representation documentary. Melanie's reminded my of the march and helped me structure our home page. I also liked how she had a contact form on the bottom of her home page. Miss Representation's inspired us to use graphics and links to the streaming sites where our audience can access to documentary. I also took note of how they relayed the information about their different campaigns.

While I was creating the website I remembered The street team Fueled by Ramen (FBR) had from a music marketing campaign we did in AS last year. One of the ways FBR engaged fans of the bands on their label was by establishing a "street team" they could get membership on. I thought it was a great way to get our audience engaged. Plus Gen Zers, like most people, love free stuff!

We also decided to have a multitude of tabs as you can see in the screenshot above. We thought Merch would be another way to get our audience involved as well as make a profit. It would also help us establish our brand and spread our cause by word of mouth. The social campaign we started as another way to spread the cause. We know it would be successful with Gen Zers because they are very active on social media and technology oriented. Another characteristic of generation Z is that they enjoy being involved. The Street Team, Merch, and social campaign all cater to that characteristic. In case you didn't notice, our website uses the same colors as our poster. We hope to establish the brand and created a sense of consistency by using the same theme.

So I started researching TV stations and how to get our documentary on a station when it hit me: Not a lot of Gen Zers watch cable TV, they prefer streaming. So I went to my partner and we came to a decision to put our documentary on streaming services. To maximize our audience we decided to go on multiple streaming channels instead of exclusively on one.


See you sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment