Thursday, April 6, 2017

So Close But So Far!

Hey guys!

So this post is a tad off schedule but it's ok! I know we'll still have a great time. Let's start with the script for the content portion of the episode. That's been mainly written by my partner because it's focused on her and her life (not something I would know as well). I've helped by throwing in ideas now what the content should be about. For example, I would suggest that we need to say the problem at hand (misrepresentation) and how that has effected her. Then Chey goes and writes the personal bits that are super important. Also, we went through the script and did some editing because we realized that we had a teeny tiny problem. Since the documentary is poetic we want the content of our voiceover narration to be just as abstract as the visuals will be. So we ended up scrapping some of the previous script we had written. It's all good though because that's what progress is all about! Here's a tiny sneak peek:

"Muscles ignore pleads to rise from my haven of warmth, eyes shut tight to shield my heart from the realities of the world, dreams dance upon my eyelids, begging to see the light of day. 18 years of resilience. 18 years of persistence. 18 years of kindness. 18 years of liveliness."

I hope you're just as excited as I am for our documentary's debut!

Anyways, so we had to use a projector to create our Brooke Davis inspired shot. Here's a picture just in case you forgot. Luckily, our good friend Laurel had a projector we could borrow. I was in charge of creating the slide for it. I used KeyNote, it's the mac version of powerpoint. We had planned out that we were going to go for a similar image. Our idea was to use more general terms that are used to misrepresent teens in the media, that way it would establish the collective problem all of us Gen Z-ers face. It would also link together our subjects. By the way we want at least 5 subjects but we've scheduled about 9 just in case. So my slide looks like this:

The game plan is to project this beautiful image onto a blank wall in my room and then have our subjects stand in front of it. They'll need to look dejected for the parts where we have the voiceover (of each of their voices) saying, "they call us..(negative word).." Then, we'll have them looking empowered for the part "But they're wrong" and "We are..(positive word).."


Alright well tata for now! My next post will have the updates on how the shooting went!

No comments:

Post a Comment