Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Poster Rant

Hey there!

So, I'm trying to make the poster for our film and it's been a rough journey, as it should be. My first idea was inspired by the Game of Thrones poster on the side. Instead in my poster it would be pictures of our subjects laid out like that with the words "We Are Not Who You Think We Are"  where it says Game of Thrones. I'm kind of floundering between ideas right now. I looked up TV posters on Google to get some inspiration  but it didn't help much. I'm just not sure whether or not we should have all our subjects on the poster or just one of them; or even if we should have a picture of the subjects at all.

I also had the idea to just have Chey on the poster but then I went back to my eternal dilemma of having her or all the subjects on there. After all, she is the third episode so it seems off to have her as the image on our promotional poster for the season because the audience won't be introduced to her until the third episode of the series.

So it just hit me that we decided against including Chey in the intro. This means that our intro won't feature every subject in it because we limited it to 5 people. Also, I actually looked up what a miniseries really is and found that #1 they are close-ended and #2 they are like extended TV movies.  Considering the fact that we planned on having a second season I would say our documentary TV series is more of a limited series. A limited series allows us the flexibility of more potential seasons and the ability to have a smaller amount of episodes per season. Whew, that was a close misunderstanding.  Conclusion: the intro subjects will just represent Gen Zers, the people we target as well as the people we are trying to accurately portray.

Here's a slight side note:
I actually told my father a little bit what our project was about and he disagreed with me. He believes what the media says about teens is correct and Gen Z's portrayal doesn't need to be corrected. My dad is the perfect representative of the traditional people and media stereotypes we're trying to argue against. The media portrays teens in an overwhelmingly bad light. I'm not saying that everything they put out there is wrong. I'm just saying that it's not an accurate depiction of who we really are. Yes, sometimes we can be lazy or overemotional. The truth is those are characteristics of any age or generation. I argue that we are not ONLY lazy or over emotional but that we are ALSO dedicated, motivated, inspired, appreciate, and aware.

Thank you for reading my jumbled mess of thoughts, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment