Friday, April 7, 2017

Shots Fired

Hello guys!

So we finally finally finally filmed for the first time! It was a very close call because my Boss last mintuedly called me in to go to this workshop for work. Luckily I won't even be working there much longer so I worked my way out of it. This date is just super important because our deadline is VERY VERY close and we haven't got much to work with. Thursday was our first day to film and it was the only time we could do it because our schedules are so busy. We ended up filming 5 beautiful subjects for our intro. We forced our friends into our dark lair and told them to look depressed (at least for the first part of the intro). So in the first part we used the projector (shout out to Laurel) and the slide that I showed you in my last post.


She's so great! I really love how a lot of the film came out. We also recorded everyone saying all the lines that way in editing we can just pick and choose who sounds better saying what. We shot a multitude of different angles for every subject. For example, we had side shots (from both sides) and mid shots. We tried some low angle shots for the second portion to support the empowered content. The second portion is where the subjects look empowered despite the negative words surrounding them. The voiceover narration is gonna have the subjects each saying, "We are innovators. We are..."

We got a lot of good stuff and I'm so excited to go through it all and start piecing our documentary together. Since we didn't want to take up all the storage on my phone and my mac's disc is full we airdropped all of the videos straight to Chey's computer as we went along. In between subjects we got the chance to look at some of the videos and we had a teensy problem. It turns out our projector decided to be annoying and turn a yellowish color for some of the videos. It OK though! We figured out how to manipulate the color to better match the original color of our content. I have to admit it was slightly stressful realizing it turned a different color. But it was just another obstacle we managed to get around!

We shall soon meet again my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment